Chocolate..it’s one of those things that you just can’t get enough of.. So i decided to make chocolate cupcakes! These chocolatey cupcakes are frosted with a simple vanilla buttercream.And you know how well vanilla and chocolate tastes together. Now i want to let you know that these cupcakes(without the frosting)aren’t really that sweet,because if you have a sweet batter and a sweet frosting(you know how much sugar is in frosting right?)it becomes just too much.So these cupcakes are just right!So if you for some reason want a cupcake without frosting,you should put more sugar in. And i drizzled some caramel sauce over some of the cupcakes! That just makes them extra special 😉
- 1/2 cup butter,softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour.
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1/2 cup milk.
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter,softened.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl,cream together your butter,sugar and vanilla on high speed until fluffy,about 3 minutes.
- Next add in your eggs one at a time and beat on high for about 2 minutes.Make sure to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add in your flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and salt and mix until combined.Then add in your milk and mix until just combined,do not overmix.
- Fill your cupcake liners 3/4 way up with the batter and bake for 20-25 minutes.Let them cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting beat the butter and vanilla on high until pale and fluffy,then add in your sugar and beat for about 2 minutes.
- To frost your cupcakes,you can use a piping bag,or,like i did,use a small spatula.Enjoy!