A wonderful,chewy almond tart.Perfect as a quick dessert if you have guests coming over. Now first let me tell you that i just tasted it for the first time not so long ago.My mom used to make it several times,and everyone loves it.But i never got to really taste it,i though that i would hate it.But then i decided to taste it and,i was blown away,and you guessed it,now i am mad at myself for never tasting it before now. This tart tastes amazing with a little bit of yogurt on the side.Now,the funny thing is,i HATE plain yogurt(crazy me,i know),but with this almond tart,i actually love it! You could say that this is the only way i’ll eat plain yogurt 😉 Once you take a bite,there is no coming back.It is so rich in almond flavor that you will just keep wanting more.And more.. This is such an easy recipe,there are only 4 ingredients! Oh and there is no butter or oil at all! So that’s a win win 🙂
Chewy Almond Tart
- 1 and 1/2 cup almonds.
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch.
- 3 eggs.
- 1 cup granulated sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and put parchment paper to a 9 or 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom . In a food processor,blend the almonds until you get almond meal.Add in your cornstarch and give it a quick mix.Set aside.
- In a large bowl,beat your eggs and sugar with a whisk,for about 1-2 minutes.Then add in your almond mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly in the tart pan and bake for 22-30 minutes or until lightly golden on top.Mine took about 27 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly or completely before serving.