This healthy honey almond granola will make you quit store bought granola for good! The sweetness comes only from honey,so there is no added sugar!
Today i will share with you another ingredient that i do not like; Honey. Yes,you read that right, i don’t like honey. And i kinda hate myself for not liking it because,honey is healthy for you. I once made some homemade granola bars wich contained honey. It was a good way for me to get some honey into my body in a way i will enjoy. But unfortunately,i didn’t like it, It tasted too much like honey. Okay, so that didn’t work.
Then came granola. I was afraid i wouldn’t like it. But i was wrong. It tasted amazing! There is just the right amount of honey that the granola is nice and sweet,without that overwhelming taste of honey that i hate. I became addicted! And now you will too.
Just look at those delicious granola clusters! YUM!
Honey Almond Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats.
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1/4 cup honey.
- 1/4 cup butter.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl,combine your oats,chopped almond and cinnamon.Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan,add your honey and butter and set it over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add you melted butter and honey mixture to your dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Spread your oat mixture evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes,stirring the oats around every 6 minutes,or else you will end up with black burnt edges!
- Take the granola out of the oven and let it cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to a 6-7 days.