Remember when i said i hate plain yogurt? Well that is true. That is why i am bringing you my favourite yogurt recipe today! Rich,creamy and smooth yummy goodness!
Yogurt is so easy to make,the only thing is it takes time. So what i do is; i make it at night time,and leave it overnight. That way i won’t be able to think too much about it. Trust me, i once made it early in the morning. Worst. Decicion. Ever.
I couldn’t stop thinking about it! I just needed to have it right away,so it was a loooong 10 hour wait. But when i make it at night,i will go to sleep and let it do it’s thing. And then in the morning i will be super excited to see how my beautiful yogurt turned out.And it turns out perfect every single time. YUM!
This yogurt is sooo good, it’s all you’ll ever want in yogurt; rich,creamy,smooth and delightful. And it is healthier than the store bought, sugar-loaded yogurts. When i first checked how much sugar was in those store bought yogurts i was truly shocked. 16 grams of sugar! And in such a little container. I knew i had to change that,and that was by making my own yogurt.
I love eating this yogurt with homemade granola! Best breakfast eveeeer!
- 1/2 gallon milk.
- 4-5 tablespoons sugar.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt.
- Add you milk,sugar and vanilla to a large sauce pan and heat on high heat until it reaches boiling point,about 10 minutes,stirring constantly so the milk doesn’t burn.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and let it simmer for 10 minutes,stirring constantly.This will result in a more creamy texture,but you can skip this step if you want.
- Remove your milk from the heat and allow to cool,stirring frequently. To test if your milk is ready,put your finger in the milk for about 8 seconds,it should feel warm but it should not hurt!
- When reached the right temperature,add a little milk to the yogurt and mix well,then add it to your milk and mix well.Cover the pan with it’s lid.
- If it is warm where you live,just take a big thick towel and wrap it around your pan of milk mixture and leave overnight.If it is cold where you live,preheat your oven to 100-110 F and turn it off before putting your pan of milk mixture in.Leave overnight(I left mine for about 15 hours).
- In the morning,take out your pan,and you should have thick creamy yogurt! Pour the yogurt into clean jars and set in the fridge until completely cold before serving.Enjoy!