These cinnamon rolls are the best i have ever had! They are nice and soft and moist,loaded with cinnamon flavor. This is what a real cinnamon lover needs! Now,let me tell you how i entered the baking world, and how this huge baking addiction started! It all started with cinnamon rolls! I was watching some youtube videos and saw a video on cinnamon rolls. That took me straight back to childhood, as i used to eat cinnamon rolls all the time when i was a little kid. But then i could never find them anymore, so i moved on and forgot about them. So when i saw that video, i knew straight away that i had to make them, and so i did. And ever since i have been making cinnamon rolls again and again. And i slowly began to explore the world of cakes,cupcakes,cookies etc.. I remember the first time i made these rolls,they ended up small,but they tasted perfect. And over time i have only made better cinnamon rolls. These rolls are a nice big size,soft and pillowy,with an amazing cinnamon loaded filling,and ofcourse a yummy cream cheese frosting. Perfect,isn’t it? When i eat these fresh-out of the oven, milk is a must! It just goes really well with the sweetness of the cinnamon rolls. Speaking of milk, i added 1 tablespoon milk to the frosting,but you can leave that out if you want. These cinnamon rolls will keep nice and fresh for about 4-5 days in an air tight container,but they will rarely last that long, i am sure they will all be gone by day 2!
For the dough:
- 1/2 cup butter.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 4 cups all purpose flour.
- 2 teaspoons instant active dry yeast.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- 2 medium eggs.
- A pinch of salt.
For the filling:
- 2/3 cup butter,softened.
- 1/3 cup sugar.
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon.
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese,softened.
- 1/4 cup butter,softened.
- 2 cups powdered sugar.
- 1 tablespoon milk,optional.
- To make the dough : In a medium sauce pan,add in your butter and milk.Heat on medium high until butter is melted,set aside and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl,add your flour,yeast,sugar and salt and mix well.Add in your cooled butter mixture and your eggs.Mix until everything is well combined.
- Sprinkle some flour on your working surface and knead the dough for a few minutes.Place your dough in a greased large bowl with some oil.This will make it easier to take the dough out later.Let the dough rise for 1-2 hours in a warm spot.
- To make the filling : In a medium bowl,mix your butter,sugar and cinnamon with a spatula.
- Roll your dough into a large rectangle on a well floured surface. Spread your fillng evenly over the rolled dough. Roll the dough into a log shape and cut into desired size.You should get about 10-16 rolls.Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,leaving some space between the rolls.
- Preheat you oven to about 220 C (428 F), cover the rolls with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 15-20 minutes.Allow the rolls to cool about 5-10 minutes before frosting.
- To make the frosting : Cream together your cream cheese and butter for about 2-3 minutes. Sift in your powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Add in your optional milk and give it a good stir.
- Frost the cinnamon rolls and serve while still warm. Enjoy!
Cinnamon rolls (dough+filling) adapted from justcook.tv (in danish).