Soft, pillowy center and a crunchy, crispy exterior make these brownie cookies perfect! They also make great gifts!
I am sure everyone loves brownies, and if you really do, then you will definitely love these brownie cookies! You get the amazing brownie taste and the perfect cookie texture; soft pillowy goodness with a nice crispy outside. These are incredible! I lost count of how many cookies i ate today..But hey, it’s not everyday you eat cookies (there is also, uhm, cinnamon roll days and cake days and..uhm..many more baked-goods days), so it’s alright!
I sprinkled some extra powdered sugar on top of some cookies. Beautiful aren’t they?
These cookies makes me think of winter that i reeeeally miss. I am that kind of person that prefers rain, cold weather, and of course a good cup of thick hot chocolate.Mmmm!
What about you? Are you a summer or a winter person? 🙂 Either way, these cookies will be enjoyed any time of the year!
- 1/2 cup butter,softened.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- Sifted powdered sugar for rolling.
- In a medium bowl, cream together your butter, sugars and salt until fluffy, about 3 minutes.Add in your egg and beat for another minute or two.
- Add in your flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Take your dough out from the fridge and roll into balls and roll them in your powdered sugar, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake the cookies for 9-14 minutes.
- Place the cookies on a wire rack and allow to cool. Enjoy!