These vanilla butter cookies are slightly crispy, but has a nice soft and fudgy center!
Making homemade cookies is amazing. Not only do you get to choose the flavor,but you also get to make them the size you want! You can make them big, or you can make them small! It’s up to you.
Mine came in different sizes, some were small and some were big. You can probably tell why i didn’t take my time to roll them all in the perfect same size. I just can’t wait any longer to eat them!
Oh and there is no egg in this recipe, so i could taste the batter without thinking about the raw eggs. Ah what a relief, right? It’s great to be able to enjoy tasting the batter without the raw eggs.
These cookies were almost all gone by day 1! So trust me when i say this: they are wonderful! No one will be able to eat just one cookie,they will want more. And more! If you are not quick enough there won’t be any left for you, so hurry up!
Can you guess who ate the last piece? Yup,that right, i did. I managed to take the very last cookie 😉
Vanilla Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter,softened.
- 1/2 cup fine sugar.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- In a medium bowl, cream together you butter,sugars and salt until creamy and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add in your flour and cornstarch and mix until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and set into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Take your dough out from the fridge and roll into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for about 9-15 minutes. The edges should be lightly golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool before storing them in an airtight container. Enjoy!