An easy recipe for soft and moist waffles!
Hello everybody! So today i want to share with you an easy recipe for waffles, wich is something most of us really enjoy for breakfast.
But first, let me share with you my waffle discovery journey.
When I first saw pictures of waffles online, I really wanted to have one. I got so obsessed with them. The thing is, where I live, waffles aren’t really known. So when we went out to eat, and I saw that they had waffles on the menu, I just had to order it straight away. I got sooo excited. I was finally going to taste this amazing thing I have been seeing online for I don’t know how long!
It finally arrived, I tasted it and… I was disappointed. They were so hard and dry, and more than that, they were tasteless. But my waffle discovery journey didn’t end there, oh no! I knew I had to get my hands on a waffle iron, it was the only way for me to be able to find out what a real waffle tastes like. And so I did, and I made waffles, not only once not twice,but for a very long time. I finally got a ‘real’ waffle. I was happy,very happy indeed. I became addicted. Now whenever we go past that coffee shop I say: ”I now have my own waffle iron”, and i feel so happy deep inside.
Okay so, waffles.. I sprinkled some powdered sugar on mine, but you can top them with anything you want. I would love to try topping them with some strawberries, but it’s no longer their season (insert sad face here).
Also about waffles, you have to eat them straight away, or else they will get soggy, in no time. So it should go straight from the waffle iron to your mouth. Just be careful! They will be warm 😉
Oh and, have you tried eating them with ice cream? No, you say? Well what are you waiting for! It is absolutely delightful!
But, with or without ice cream, give me some waffles and I’m gonna be happy! And you will too, for sure.
Now, i want to know how many waffles you usually eat, because I can easily eat 4-5 squares for breakfast! I’m not the only one, am I?
Soft And Moist Waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 and 1/4 cup milk.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 2 large eggs.
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt.
- In a large bowl add in your flour,sugar,baking powder and salt. Mix until everything is combined.Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together your milk,oil,eggs and yogurt.
- Add your wet mixture to your dry ingredients and mix until just combined. It is okay to have a few lumps in the batter.
- Place about 1/2 cup of batter on your preheated waffle iron and cook for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Place the waffles on a wire rack as you continue making the rest.Enjoy!