Soft and moist snickerdoodle cake cut into small bars.
Last night i got this huge boost of motivation, i wanted to study before school starts, which it does very soon aaaahh, i wanted to try a bunch of different recipes, i was trying to come up with some new blog post ideas.. It was crazy! Why can’t i get that kind of motivation in the mornings, or when i actually have to get things done? I always get a motivation boost when i am not capable of doing it, like when i am outside,in the car, getting ready to sleep..Does that happen to you?
Anyways, snickerdoodles, they are like one of my favourite things ever. Probably because of the cinnamon rich flavour.
I have made snickerdoodle cookies before, wich i looove, so why not make a snickerdoodle in cake form? These are so incredibly soft and moist. I ended up eating 2 bars right away!
So warning! If you plan on taking just one bite, be prepared, because you might end up eating way more 😉
Once you take a bite, you get all the rich flavours from a snickerdoodle cookie, and as you take another bite, you will really feel that moist and soft texture, aswell as the amazing cinnamon-rich flavour.
Yea,you can probably tell how much i love cinnamon.
All this talking about cinnamon and snickerdoodles made me go up and grab a bar. YUM! So soooft 🙂
Uhm,okay so,the question of the day is; do you get a boost of motivation when you’re trying to sleep or when you are away from home? Because I sure do!
Snickerdoodle Cake Bars
- 3/4 cup butter,softened.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- A pinch of salt.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour.
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
For the cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a few inches hanging on top for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together your butter,sugar,cinnamon and salt until fluffy,about 3 minutes.Add in your eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition, then beat the mixture for about 1 minute.
- Add in your flour and baking powder and mix until combined. Spread your mixture evenly in your baking pan,sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon on top and bake for 28-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting into desired size. Enjoy!