Simple and easy vanilla muffin recipe.
Wow! This past week have been a busy week. We were out a lot, we had guests, and..and..and.. I couldn’t post as much, and even though i have been posting every 2 days or so, i actually miss blogging already! I just really enjoy experimenting with different recipes and post those that come out amazing. And with school almost here, i am afraid that i won’t be able to post as much, i will try to post like 3 times a week. I will have to really plan everything and manage my time well.
But for now, let’s talk about muffins. These delicious vanilla-y (is that even a word?) muffins. The trick is to not overmix the batter, otherwise they will turn out dry and tough, unlike these muffins here; these are super soft and moist, and has a nice kinda crispy shell (i’d say) around it. Love it!
This is a very basic recipe, you can add in all sorts of delicious toppins; blueberries, raspberries, chocolate..
Uhm, anyways, these are not overly sweet, so they are perfect for breakfast (I ate it for breakfast and it was amazing ;)) Actually, they are perfect any time of the day/year.
Also, look at how moist they are! They are just..aaahh-mazing!
Oh oh oh! I almost forgot to tell you, I updated my About page,i did it, i finally updated it!
Okay so, question of the day is; what is your favorite kind of muffin? Is it blueberry muffins, is it chocolate muffins..what is it? 🙂
Basic Vanilla Muffins
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar.
- A pinch of salt.
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk.
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) vegetable oil.
- 2 large eggs.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl add your flour,sugars,baking powder and salt and whisk until everything is well combined.
- In another bowl, or in a measuring cup, add in your milk, oil and eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Pour your wet ingredients over the dry and, using a spatula, gently fold everything together. You do not want to overmix your batter. The batter should be a bit thick and have lumps.
- Fill your muffin liners 3/4 of the way and bake for 20-26 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly or completely before serving. Enjoy!