Crispy and chewy cookies with a slightly soft center makes these oatmeal cookies the best!
I love oats so much, so of course i have to make oatmeal cookies!
I have made a few oatmeal cookies in the past, but they didn’t really turn out the way i wanted. I wanted them to be like those you buy from the supermarket. You know them right? They are nice and crunchy and chewy. The oatmeal cookies i used to make either turned out too crunchy, or too soft, and the flavor wasn’t like those store bought ones that i absolutely love.
So folks, i present to you, the best oatmeal cookies EVAAA!
As you can probably tell from the pictures, i didn’t press the cookies flat, but this yielded a nice crunchy texture with a soft and chewy center. The cookie is not too crunchy, but it isn’t too soft either. They are perfection! And let me tell you, they were gone fast, really fast.
You can of course flatten the cookies, but the texture might be slightly different, so keep that in mind. 😉
Did you notice i started to add metric measurments?
Okay, question of the day; what is the storebought desserts that you always wanted to create yourself? And did you create it? How did it turn out? 🙂
And thank you for reading the whole post. 🙂
- 1/2 cup (115 g) butter,softened.
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour.
- 2 cups (180 g) oats.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- A pinch of salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream your butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in your egg and beat for another minute.
- Add in your flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Mix until everything is combined.
- Cover your dough with plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C) and line your baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop, roll your dought into balls and place them on your baking sheet(s). Bake the cookies for 18-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!