Easy and simple melt in your mouth chocolate mug cake.
I love chocolate. We all love chocolate. And sometimes we just want a quick fix for our chocolate craving. That is why this is perfect. It is ready in minutes, and it’s so easy to make; no need to preheat your oven, no need to grease a baking pan..etc..
This recipe is adapted from tablefortwoblog.com and it is my go-to mug cake recipe. It is so incredibly soft and moist, and soo delicious.
I replaced 1 tablespoon oil for 1 tablespoon water, and not only did that cut down the calories by about 120, but it also changed the texture, for good. It yielded a nice fudgy melt in your mouth texture,it was incredible! I did not expect this at all, i just wanted to cut down the calories a bit, but i was surprised with the new texture.
It is also very chocolatey, so you will fix your chocolate craving for sure! 😉
Is there any dessert that you changed the ingredients of and got a suprising new texture/flavor?
Fudgy Chocolate Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup (32 g) all-purpose flour.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (75 ml) milk.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- 1 tablespoon water.
- Start by combining all the dry ingredients in a mug. Then add in your wet ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes. Since microwaves are different, i suggest starting with about 1 minutes 30 seconds and then see from there how much longer it needs. It’s just a matter of seconds to get your mug cake over cooked, wich will result in a rubery texture.
Adapted from tablefortwoblog.com