Rich, fluffy and delicious chocolate mousse.
Today is an extreme hot day. It was nice and cold and windy early in the morning, but now it’s like too hot!
Anyways, i love chocolate mousse, but i don’t feel like eating it when there are raw eggs in it. Now the funny thing is, i have no problem eating raw cake batter or cookie dough. I don’t know.
I have been searching a long time for a good chocolate mousse recipe that does not contain raw eggs. And i found some recipes that just doesn’t use eggs at all, just mainly heavy cream. And it tastes good, but for me it wasn’t rich enough, like you could only taste cream + chocolate.
Then i finnaly found the recipe. This is the flavor i was looking for. It’s rich, decedant and fluffy. Perfect.
This recipe does contain eggs, however, the eggs are ‘cooked’ so they aren’t raw!
Look at all those bubbles! And can you see those small bubbles too? Now you know why this chocolate mousse is perfect 😉
Okay, question of the day; what is your favourite chocolate dessert? Chocolate mousse is one of mine!
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk.
- 1 large egg, at room temperature.
- 1/4 cup (45 g) dark chocolate chips.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Optional: 1/8 cup (30 ml) heavy cream,whipped.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat your milk until it starts simmering. In the meantime, seperate your egg white from the egg yolk. Lightly whisk your egg yolk with a fork.
- Add your warm milk to your egg yolk very slowly whisking constantly. Put the mixture back to the sauce pan over low heat and cook for about 2 minutes,whisking constantly. Then add in your chocolate and butter and whisk until everything is combined and the chocolate and butter is melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl over some simmering water, whisk your egg white and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold your chocolate mixture gently in your egg white. The fold in your whipped cream, if using.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 2 small glasses or jars, and place in the fridge for atleast 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Adapted from thepassionatesisters.blogspot.in